Tuesday, May 1, 2012

BBA Newstands May 2012: Marie Claire India Features A Natural Lakshmi Menon

So India's May covers are coming in pretty quickly... I can barely keep up! First there was Vogue, which didn't feel high-fashion enough. Now we have many more to add. But I have to give a special mention to Marie Claire. OMG. At first glance, I was stunned. It's a little shocking to see one of the most beautiful women in the world (at least in the BBA world) supermodel Lakshmi Menon looking so... raw. No make-up, no photoshop... just Lakshmi. But once I adjusted to what I was looking at, I realized just how amazing and significant this cover is. As you can recall, last month we went in on L'Officiel India's cover and the dysfunctional singular image of beauty it portrayed. Well, congrats to Marie Claire India for not being afraid to project natural Indian beauty. I'm so proud we have editors like Neena Haridas who don't mind taking a risk. We'll post the editorials as they come.

UPDATED:











No comments:

Post a Comment